Initially, in 1296 Baborow was Slavic settlement subordinate to the Wroclaw Bishopric and Opole-Racibor’s principality at the same time, and then to the Bishopric of Olomuniec in Moravia. The direct charge of the town had Dominican nuns of the convent from Raciborz. In 1403 the town received a church and an altar that were endowed by Iadocus, the Margarve of Branderbury, the Lord of the Moravia. The previous testimony of the parish church originated in 1386.
In the moment of establishing the parish, there were also parish schools established, in which students had not only religion and singing lessons, but reading and counting as well. The school in Baborow, established in 1386, was attended mainly by the local people, but there were also students from the neighbouring villages belonging to Baborow commune: Sulkow, Dzielow, Rakow and Jaroniow. The present school buliding (Krakowska St.) was organized and furnished in 1910. The grand detached building had eight classrooms with one replacement room; in the basement there was the book collection, central heating room and the janitor’s apartament. In 1861 was set up the school of arts and crafts with the bookeeping, counting and drawing studies.
In 1405 Baborow became governed by municipal council, that issued the certificates of birth or death. In 1575 Margrave Fredrich granted the town the right to running two fairtrades: one the week-long and another the year-long. In 1750 in the town there were active shoemakers’, furriers’, weavers’ and blacksmiths’ guilds.A great number of 1368 citizens spoke Polish and Moravian. The Crown departments were Post Office and Agricultural Agency. In the town hall worked a mayor, a police officer, a few debt collectors, an attorney and a notary public.
There were about 50 buildings in which the beer was brewed. In that period of such a significant eceonomicgrowth, the town had: four bakers, a hairdresser, five coopers, fourteen ham makers, a dyer, two fishermen, seven butchers, twelve furriers, ten weavers, a bricklayer, two millers, an oil producer, a cartwright, four tanners, two saddlers, a locksmith, seven blacksmiths, nine tailors, forty-nine shoemakers, a soapworker, a carpenter and six joiners. At the end of the nineteenth century there were set up a sugar factory and cement mill; in 1909 there were opened three brickyards, malt house, dairy and tile factory. At the end of the nineteenth century there were set up a sugar factory and cement mill; in 1909 there were opened three brickyards, malt house, dairy and tile factory.
The construction of the railway contributed to the heyday of the town. The opening ceremony of the Rout Glubczyce – Raciborz took place in 1856, on 15th October. However, the line’s development was not done for another 53 years. Only then was it done when a rail link from Troppan, (Austria through Kozle to Kedzierzyn. The then modern Rudzinsky’s Brickyard and Sugar Factory had their own loading bays.
Since 1752 Baborow was connected to a postal system thanks to the opening the post office subordinated to Glubczyce. The following decades the postal stage coach travelled through Baborow, which was a terminus, because from Baborow to Kietrz the post was sent and delivered on foot only. Baborow was also on the way of the post from Wroclaw or Gdansk to Raciborz and Pszczyna.
In the interwar period there acted the underground organizations for communist couriers and the transfer points between Opole and Czechia. During the period of World War II Baborow was a place of the four Kommando Camps and a forced labour camp.
The wars and large fires (it was in 1708,1782, 1838 and 1844) destroyed the town. In 1936 in Baborow there was a great fire that completely destroyed the buildings of the Glubczycka Street, one of the two main streets in town. Fortunately, some buildings have remained, like the late-Gothic parish church (which was reconstructed several times), a baroque cemetery church well-fitted with the works of art, classicistic town hall (that was originally the estate manor), numerous baroque-classicistic houses and two the late-baroque stone statues: the Saint John Nepomucen and the Saint Florian.